Sunday 4 August 2013

I've Been Asked To Stríp Naked As Part Of An Audition Process - Female Singer

Although her name may not ring a bell now, but
the songstress may rise fast in the music
industry. What makes her unique is her husky
voice. Although a beautiful lady, her voice can
be mistaken for a man's.
However, she said her husky voice suits her and
her music well. Like many up and coming
artistes in the industry, the young fair-skinned
lady has had her share of humiliation in her
quest for recognition in the industry.
She said, "I have faced a lot in the music
industry just to make a name for myself; I
thank God that it is finally paying off. It is my
dream; I have a passion for it so I endured. I
have been to a place where they asked me to
take off my dress to see how my skin really
looks. It was some sort of interview or process I
had to go through before I could perform on
stage for a gig.
I have been bullied, ignored; starting wasn't
easy. I am used to it. I just shot my video for
my song, 'Mo fi di lu', the video will be coming
out soon. Now, anything people do, I just smile
and let it go because I have seen it all."
She added,"I do afro-pop music and RnB. I
know I have a husky voice and it works very well
for my music. It makes me different and
unique. My unique husky voice is an advantage
to me. Being a female musician does not mean
that your voice has to be thin or faint.
My voice is deep and my fans love it this way.
On numerous occasions, I am mistaken for a
man on the phone because of my voice. Sometime
I could be with my female friends, when they
receive their boyfriends' calls and I talk in the
background, they sometimes think they are with
men till I talk to their boyfriends to clear the
doubt in their mind.
Funny thing is that when someone talks to me on
the phone and see me in real life, they are
shocked because of how beautiful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment